Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Joy Dare - Things old and found, reused and rediscovered...

January Joy Dare Prompts (think of 3 gifts for each day - use prompts if you want!):
22. A Gift Wrinkled, Smooth, Unfolded
23. 3 Gifts Found in Christ
24. 3 Things Blue
25. A Grace Borrowed, Found, Inherited
26. A Gift Before Dawn, At Noon, After Dark
27. 3 Gifts in the Kitchen
28. 3 Graces Found in Friends
29. A Song Heard, A Soft Word, A Light Seen
30. 3 Old Things Seen New
31. A Gift on Paper, In a Person, In a Picture

My list (picking up from the last list):
464. Mane's stash of tissue paper that saved me at Christmas time!
465. The smooth stones under our feet at Lake Superior
466. The big blue beanbag that unfolds into a bed!
467. Grace...the ability to receive it and to give it
468. Light...being able to see...insight
469. Humility - this is so often lacking in the church. We presume to know so much. But Yeshua was humble, born in a humble place to a humble woman and living an unadorned life.
470. Fuzzy blue sweatshirt with the celtic lion
471. Blue stoneware Bethel mug
472. Blue stone in my class ring. We were looking at rings with Mane the other day...exclaiming over all the old things.
473. The big old red truck that is always there when one of ours breaks down. Mango's parents let us borrow it whenever we need!
474. So many things I've found...enamel dishes, that big glass vase, little wooden table in the sunroom...
475. The rocking chair in the sunroom that my parents gave me when I got married
476. Pillows! Lots of soft pillows! I remember Mango's parents buying us a bunch when I was pregnant. LOVE pillows!
477. Pickles and Olives with the little peeps!
478. A dream about camping
479. I actually really love the water heater in the corner. It's so old-timey.
480. Cast iron pans we got at the camping store when we were first married
481. Mason jars - lots and lots of mason jars
482. Listening ears when I feel like I'm talking too much
483. The soups that T. brings over
484. Book Club!
485. Just listened to Dragon Fire again the other day. It's a kid's song. So fierce and true. Brought tears to both Mango and I.
486. Mane leans her head on my shoulder and says, "I love you."
487. Light?! There's actually sunlight breaking through the trees right this moment. Feels like we haven't seen sunlight in ages!
488. Ha! That high school trip to Mexico. I read my mom's journal about that trip. Talk about seeing an old thing new. My mom. That trip.
489. Those old jeans turned into a quilt on my bed! I don't know that I'll ever do a project like that again. But, wow, we had some crazy old jeans from the 80's and 90's.
490. Old teachings and doctrines seen new through my Bible Study series this year.
491. My mom's old recipes 
492. Dr. Steve Holland listening so carefully to us at Mayo
493. The awesome snow picture that Niteo just posted on facebook of our Christmas trip to Brainerd

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always good to hear from you!