Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Mango's Birthday

Dear Mango,

Happy Birthday, my dear beloved soul friend…my love…

I am so thankful for you every single day of this crazy, wild life. You are strong and steady, so passionate and compassionate. I love your intensity, your commitment to me, to our family, to God. I always know that I can rely on you to follow through with the callings we have together, even when it’s scary and more difficult than we could ever have imagined. You have reminded me day in and day out of the faithfulness of God…with your words and with your own faithfulness.

I wish that I could express to you the enormous love I hold in my heart for you. I’m learning, though, that to express that love is the work of a lifetime.

Thank you for being who you are,
For loving me,
For giving up time you need for other things to be with me,
For constantly telling me how much you appreciate me,
For teaching Mane to be helpful just by your example,
For helping to plan Christmas surprises and Christmas trips for our family,
For being willing to give up a comfortable life to live the life God has called us to,
For being patient with me,
For telling me your thoughts.
I am so proud of you…
I’m proud of you for learning the guitar, and it *is* soothing to hear you play,
I’m proud of you for finding all those snowboards on Craig’s list,
I’m proud of all you know about computers and music and history and life and theology,
I am proud of your ability to learn Spanish.
I love your eyes, your hands, your face, your lips, your warmth.

I am so glad you are here.

Happy Birthday!

All my love,
MidnightCafe

1 comment:

  1. your love amazes me more and more as i watch you both grow together...

    hope he had a great birthday. *hugs to you all*

    ReplyDelete

It's always good to hear from you!