Wednesday, April 09, 2008

For My Friend Who Is Getting Married In May...You know who you are...

This song has been playing on repeat at our house. Some of ya'll aren't going to like it, but I've decided that my blog is a place for me to be me, and I happen to love this music.

So, I've been musing a lot about how so many people I know have had trouble with others getting in the middle of a good relationship. Specifically, parents seem to have this problem - getting into the middle of their children's relationships, I mean. Though, for Mango & I, it was a pastor who tried to tell us not to get married. I *do* think people should consider the thoughts & advice offered by others. I'm not saying that a right response is to just walk away & tell people you're gonna do your own thing. I just wish people would be more careful about the advice they give, the thoughts they offer, and the positions they take about OTHER people's relationships. We'd have a lot less hurt in this world if we were a little more careful of each other.

So, this song is for those people who know, after careful consideration, that the relationship they're in is a gift directly from the Creator, and they are going to stand strong & hold fast to that gift no matter what other people have to say.

Listen to the song here: No One by ALicia Keys (A side note, I'm not a big fan of watching Ms. Keys sing this song. So, this is a YouTube video of the lyrics.)

No One by Alicia Keys
I just want you close
Where you can stay forever
You can be sure
That it will only get better
You and me together
Through the days and nights
I don't worry 'cuz
Everything's gonna be alright
People keep talking
They can say what they like
But all I know is everything's gonna be alright

No one no one no one
Can get in the way of what I'm feeling
No one no one no one
Can get in the way of what I feel for you
You you
Can get in the way of what I feel for you

When the rain is pouring down
And my heart is hurting
You will always be around
This I know for certain

You and me together
Through the days and nights

I don't worry cause
Everything's gonna be alright
People keep talking
They can say what they like
But all I know is everything's gonna be alright

No one no one no one
Can get in the way of what I'm feeling
No one no one no one
Can get in the way of what I feel for you
You you
Can get in the way of what I feel

I know some people search the world
To find something like what we have
I know people will try
Try to divide
Something so real
So till the end of time
I'm telling you there is no one

No one no one no one
Can get in the way of what I'm feeling
No one no one no one
Can get in the way of what I feel for you
Oh oh oh...

3 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful lyrics. I think I may just have to download that song. .. Thank you for sharing. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of music, I just found a new singer/songwriter this morning... We're going to bring him to Cambridge. John Flynn (www.johnflynn.net) or listen to him on iTunes. He reminds me of Storyhill, though without their harmony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesse's mom didn't want him to marry me. Ever since this experience once friends get engaged no matter how I've felt previously about their relationships I am behind them all the way.

    ReplyDelete

It's always good to hear from you!