Saturday, January 25, 2014

Sabbath Joy Dare

January Joy Dare Prompts (think of 3 gifts for each day - use prompts if you want!):
8. Dusky light, Surprising Reflection, Lovely Shadow
9. A Gift Held, Passed By, Sat With
10. A Gift Sour, Sweet, Just Right
11. 3 Yellow Gifts of Fresh Mercy
12. Something Above, Below, Beside
13. 3 Things About Yourself you are grateful for
14. 3 Startling Graces of God

My list (picking up from the last list):
422. Shabbat Candles in the evening as the sun is going down
423. Finding a scripture that says we are the CANDLES of God. Mmmm... Going to have to reflect more on that one.
424. I always love the shadow of the dried flowers on the wall.
425. Holding Mango's hand through the hospital
426. The beautiful glass blown artwork at Mayo - just like the piece at MIA
427. Jo-Jo snuggling in my lap
428. TWO bags of grapefruit on the counter when you're trying to keep everyone from getting sick in the MN winter!
429. Chocolate wine for Shabbat
430. Crockpot chili simmering all day
431. Ha! Yellow! Remembering how Mane used to call herself "Yellow" when she was little.
432. Again, a memory: Of the yellow bridesmaid dress I wore for a delightful wedding! Mercy. What a mercy that marriage has been.
433. Yellow. The color of the walls in my kitchen, which I know I've mentioned in this list before...but how cozy on a winter morning!
434. The patterned ceiling of my kitchen. I don't know anyone else with such sweet old ceiling panels.
435. Hardwood floors. Nothing says peace, and earth, and grounded like the real wood floors of an old house.
436. The window beside me that looks out on my messy porch...with all the funny little do-dads, finger puppets, trinkets on the sill.
437. I'm pretty at home in my own mind. I love to think, reflect, puzzle through, sort...
438. I'm grateful for small feet that carry me everywhere and still do the job, even though they're small!
439. Freckles. Because Mango likes them.
440. That peace can still be found in such a torn up world.
441. Twins! That God made people to sometimes have twins! That the egg I broke for the celebration cake the other day had a double yolk!
442. That snowflakes are beautiful, albeit cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always good to hear from you!