Saturday, January 25, 2014

Celebration Cake

On Wednesday I made a cake, celebrating that my bone marrow is fine. It's like a birthday to know I won't be having a bone marrow transplant any time soon. The day before Christmas Eve I found out that I have the genetic mutation that runs in my family and predisposes people to myelodysplastic sydrome and acute myeloid leukemia (one or the other or both have affected 7 of my family members so far). On Janaury 17th, I had a bone marrow biopsy to see if there was any sign of either. Any significant trouble with my bone marrow would have indicated the need for a bone marrow transplant. On January 20th, I found out that my bone marrow is healthy (with the small caveat that some of my blood tests - not bone marrow - show some impaired immune functioning).

So, I made a celebration cake - the gluten free, sugar free kind with whipped cream on the top!

And when I broke the eggs over the bowl, into the flour and salt and butter, there was an egg with a double yolk. Follow the link to fall down the rabbit hole of the double yolks...

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always good to hear from you!