Sunday, September 16, 2012

For the Love of Pinterest

128. I am grateful for Pinterest...so grateful, in fact, that I'll devote an entire post to things I've tried from pinterest in the last week!

Egg muffins: Baked on Sunday, stored in the fridge for breakfasts all week:

See recipe here: Kalyn's Kitchen. These are yummy and SO easy to make! We've done them with sauted onions, broccoli & cheese, green chilis & cheese, and sausage & cheese!

Oatmeal muffins: Also baked on Sunday for breakfasts all week:

See recipe here: Sugar-Free Mom. I made them as per the recipe the first time. This week I substituted the banana & applesauce with a can of pumpkin & chopped apples and added cinnamon, cloves & ginger for autumn muffins!

Mason Jar Straw Lids: Instructions at Doodle Craft. I used a half inch drill bit and a rubber grommet that had an inside measurement of 3/8". This fit my reusable stainless steel straws perfectly!




Prettier with Jelly Jar Lids


And, did you know you can use a canning jar (with a regular size mouth - not the wide mouth kind) on your blender base to make smoothies!! Then you don't have to dirty the blender jar, and you can drink straight from the canning jar!!


 I made the oatmeal & chia seed make-ahead smoothie recipe from The Yummy Life. We'll see how it tastes tomorrow:

I also made the Overnight Refrigerator Oatmeal from The Yummy Life. But I didn't take a picture (can you believe it?)!!

...all thanks to Pinterest!

2 comments:

  1. I KNOW RIGHT!! I have made so many things that I've pinned! Pizza pull apart bread, cornbread/corndog muffins, crock pot everything! (I'm making crockpot cocoa as we speak) I'm a total addict, but I actually USE it which when I first started I didn't think I would. Its like a creativity booster, I find myself thinking " well if I made that then I could change that and add this" and on and on! Glad I'm not the only one.

    Jen R

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think I'd use any of it, either! But I described it to someone the other day as a practical magazine for real people! You know how you read magazines, but everything is just so polished & perfect, and you can't really use a lot of the ideas? Pinterest is for real people with real, simple & creative solutions for real life!

    ReplyDelete

It's always good to hear from you!