Thursday, August 23, 2012

I am still grateful...


“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.
But still there is much that is fair. And though in all lands, love is now
mingled with grief, it still grows, perhaps, the greater.” 

~ J.R.R. Tolkien from The Lord of the Rings 


Though the world is full of peril, I will continue to count the gifts that are, indeed, more beautiful in such dark places...

101. Mane & Mango playing guitar together every night for the past week.

102. More than 100 hits on my mom's CaringBridge site.

103. Finding peace in cooking good food for my family.

104. The beets my good friend saved for me from her CSA.

105. Rain.

106. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. ...these are such centering books for me, and I gravitate toward them when I'm struggling. Tolkien was brilliant!

107. People who love me both at work and at home.

108. Mango drinking cold press coffee by my side.

109. Mane doing her own laundry. :)

110. Mane enjoying TWO fantastic overnights with friends this past month!

111. Fiesta at my parent's place!

112. My parent's outdoor kitchen...so fun!

113. Mane & I working as a team to grocery shop and run errands this morning.

114. Blankets that people made for Mane when she was a baby.

115. Sunroom.

116. New tires on my bike!

117. A beautiful bike path for my work commute.

118. A growing up kind of summer.

119. Email from Vespera.

120. Text messages from Niteo.

121. My neighbor, who spent the day with Mane on Monday while I worked.

122. My Bible Study ladies, who are covering for me while my life goes crazy.

123. That beautiful camping trip in July!

124. Camp crafts.

125. Yarn. Loads of yarn for craft projects and for play.

126. Our hippy looking campsite once we'd decorated with all our camp crafts!

127. That the camping trip was so fabulous I could write a whole gratitude post about that trip alone...but, perhaps, some photos will suffice:


***********************
This post was inspired by Ann Voskamp at:


holy experience

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Tolkien was brilliant. There is such power in those words of his. Such insight. Such depth. They are indeed words for trying times.

    ReplyDelete

It's always good to hear from you!