Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Thoughts from Belize


That's the landing strip in San Pedro on Ambergris Caye.



...looking out on the ocean from the island...



...another view from the sidewalk at Ramon's Village...

****************************************************

I am a firm believer that there is nothing more therapeutic than water...with chocolate not far behind... And there was absolutely nothing like standing with my feet in the ocean in Belize this last week. I could stand and listen to waves forever, I think. I brought Mango's ipod with me on the trip, but I couldn't bring myself to take it out. I simply wanted to listen. I was blessed, in what seems a rather unusual way, with sleeplessness. So, I got up before the rest of the island was awake on both of the mornings that I was there, and I simply sat...and wrote...and listened...and gazed off into the wide expanse of ocean. There's something about knowing the world is so big, and I am so small, that's comforting. There's something so soothing in the created world.

Here's a sweet thought from my journal:

I realize right here at this moment how deeply in love I am, how fortunate I am to have someone let me go and long for me to be home also...but not in a demanding way, in a really sincere and honest kind of way. I want to stand with my feet in the ocean with Mango, yet I know, too, when I stand here in the ocean by myself, my heart isn't empty, and I am loved from very far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always good to hear from you!