Thursday, June 12, 2008

Camping!!

We're going camping next week, and I am SO VERY EXCITED!! Did I mention that I'm excited?! Camping has always been so good for my soul, and this year I am looking forward to the trip as the beginning of our journey into summer. I've had a full plate this year, loads of anxiety, maximum stress levels, and I'm still operating under high stress mode until we get out the door, but I can't begin to tell you how much I'm looking forward to this trip. I feel like I'm ready to embrace the quiet, the peace, the stillness. I am SO READY this year. And it's not because it's been so stressful, but because I think my heart is more open this year. Every year I heal a little more from past hurts. I grow up a little. I learn. So, every year I'm a little more open to what I can receive in the quiet. Each year we camp in June when school gets out and before it's too hot. This year is tough because we'll be packing up Mango's office at school when we return home. I'm hoping, though, that the trip will revive us, that we'll return home with more joy and energy for the journey. A new sense of direction might be asking too much, but, perhaps, we'll even gain some excitement about the possibilities ahead.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook
    did you ever hear of this site? I thought of you and all your wonderful talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this camping trip is like balm to your soul, filling in the cracks left by the stress of this school year. I hope you return full of the peace that only comes by being still in nature for a time.

    ReplyDelete

It's always good to hear from you!