Friday, February 08, 2008

Half a Dozen

I had about a half a dozen profound things to say before I sat down to type here. Now that I'm here, they've fallen out onto the floor somewhere.

First, I have to give a shout-out to my good friend in Montana who made MY WHOLE DAY by spending a good long time on the phone with me yesterday. I feel so much better after exchanging news and other random and often profound thoughts. Thank you! I love you SO MUCH!

Next, I have to say that I realized suddenly yesterday that I was living something I'd always hoped I would. There were 3 teenagers sitting in the bedroom doing homework and listening to music. Vespera's friend came home from school with her, and Novio showed up later in the evening. I've always wanted to be one of those parents whose children bring their friends home, and their friends like to be here. Now I *am* officially one of those parents! I, strangely, don't feel like I've done anything profound.

Ok, I've got to work on this half dozen thing...

Um...third, my 'nother good friend is hosting a women's spa day at her house on Sunday, and I FINALLY get to go. I believe they've done this two or three times without me now. Life keeps getting in the way. This year I'm going. (I hope that typing this here doesn't jinx me somehow. ;) )

Hmmmm...fourth, we've done very little homeschooling this week, as Mane was sick with a stuffy head, and much crabbiness ensued.

Fifth, I need to take notes on the speech I heard about voting in America. We had a bit of an exciting Super Tuesday. I tried to teach Mane about political parties and voting (amid the tissues & crabbiness...brave of me, don't you think?).

Finally, have I mentioned how much I'm tired of MN winter? I feel ready to pull my hair out. My skin is itchy. Everything feels old and brittle. I want warmth and humidity. I want to sleep with the windows open. I want to walk outside without a coat. I want anything but another weekend of double-digits-below-zero. I wish I could hibernate.

Ok, I said my half dozen things. I don't know what happened to the "profound" part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always good to hear from you!