Monday, February 11, 2008

The Case of the Missing Part of Speech!!!!


I got this CD in the mail today!!!!!! I am SO excited. I did this as a play with my class in 4th grade, and I've known the parts of speech ever since. I was so excited to find that it's been reissued on CD recently because I wanted so badly to add it to my collection of homeschooling materials for Mane. She's in love with it and has listened to it twice today. Of course, I don't expect her to really understand parts of speech for a few years yet, but when we get there she'll already know the songs to remember them by.

The Case of the Missing Part of Speech can be found at sheetmusicplus.com - both the director's book & the CD.

7 comments:

  1. I remember this! Wow. It's been so long but I can hear the songs in my head. *Laugh* Very cool you found it to use in Mane's schooling...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can see myself "connecting" Joy Newton with her glasses!
    Do you remember “it isn’t hot in the furnace man . . . “?

    Alisha Nienow Kempenich

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ali!!! Oh, my goodness, I have to get over to your blog!! Yup, I remember "It's isn't hot in the furnace, man..." We did a lot of weird stuff. ;) The Parts of Speech play has come in SO handy, though. Mane is singing all the songs already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am 31 years old and performed this play when I was a 5th grader. I love teching my students the songs that I still remember!! It really helps them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I was wondering if you can tell me how to order this CD? We did this play in 6th grade at my school and I really want to get it for my kids! I found your blog when I did a search for 'the missing parts of speech'. =)

    Thanks!

    Aimee
    gabbiehurst@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never mind my last comment! I reread your post and found the web site. I just ordered it. Thank you so much!!

    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I played Detective Hargraves!

    ReplyDelete

It's always good to hear from you!