Friday, October 06, 2006

Slumber Party

It is through the blurry eyes of a mom, who just hosted her first slumber party, and with a BIG cup of coffee that I write this post today. The girls are still sleeping soundly in Vespera's room. Mane is watching Sesame Street after declaring to me that it is MORNING, Mama, which, of course, means that it's time to get up. I'm not so sure about the time to get up part... Anyway, Mane slept with us so the big girls could have hers and Vespera's room. Now I remember why I moved her to her own bed.

The party was a total success! Vespera was surprised. Her friends did an awesome job decorating before she got here. They ate her favorite foods, had cake with Dh's parents and the neighbors, played volleyball over the parking pad fence, roasted marshmallows over our newly-aquired firepit, watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and asked each other questions from the new Table Topics set that I bought. The night was beautiful...

And I hear giggling in the bedroom...gotta run!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds incredible. Nice work parent of a lovely teen.

    ReplyDelete

It's always good to hear from you!