Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Freedom



Freedom and the gardening/faith examples keep coming up - popping their little heads out of the garden of my life, like prairie dogs coming up here and there all over the place. Freedom is a theme both literally/tangibly and spiritually in my life right now. Vespera, whose name means Free, lives in my house, my house that both holds her captive and promises her freedom. ...just as, I suppose, the freedom we seek in God both holds us captive and sets us free. We are not free to do whatever we want or to seek our own direction in life. We are held captive, indeed captivated, by God's Spirit, which leads us to perfect and total freedom, leads us to life in the presence of God where we are continually called into life and being. Vespera, by her very presence, reminds me of freedom. She is real and alive, vibrant and free in her being, in who she is...in her inside emotion. She is free.

Inside Emotion by Storyhill:

I won't wait for tomorrow, 'cuz it won't go away
And there's no one there to follow so I'll go my own way
I've changed my answers and I've changed my plans
And I'm living for the feelings I can't understand

I've gone away from all I have known
And I'm holding on to freedom so I won't be coming home
I've gone away from all I have known
And I'm holding on to freedom so I won't be coming home

A little inside motion but it's nothing I can't take
A little part of me's been sleeping but I think it's now awake
And I see it in the summer and the way that it's dying
Life is so much deeper than the feelings I've been fighting
So I follow my heart now 'cuz my mind's been misleading
And somewhere down the road I think I'll find what I've been missing

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always good to hear from you!