Friday, July 08, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge - Day 2 - What I Wore Today

Since I'm not all that interested in fashion, and I can't tell you where most of my clothes come from because I bought them all at Savers, I'll tell you about this one little item that I'm wearing today, and I wear it every day, and I've worn it for the last almost 13 years. Mango designed it...with a rose for my birth month and a thistle for his family's homeland of Scotland and a cross in the middle and a diamond in the center of that. It's a symbol of us. It's a symbol of who we were, who we wanted to become, and what we are slowly becoming. The vines grow together with a deep and shining faith at the center, a guide for our tumultuous life on the edge. If everything else changes day by day and hour by hour, we cling to these 3 things that remain: faith, hope and love. (1 Corinthians 13:13 - How's that for some unlucky numbers, but the way? Lets you know you'll be living on the edge if you follow this path. And our 13th anniversary is just 10 days away.)



"Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned." (Song of Solomon 8:6-7)

3 comments:

  1. I love it when people's wedding bands have meaning.

    My husband picked out mine, without any prior knowledge on my part, and it's an exact match to one that I had drawn but never shown anyone. That meant more to me than if he'd had it engraved with something cheesy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a wonderfully symbolic ring. What a lovely photo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. We're all about symbolism in this house!!

    ReplyDelete

It's always good to hear from you!