Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Grow

This post is part of Creativity Boot Camp: Day Five.

boot camp

*******************************************

When I was a little girl
I would stand in the middle of the corn fields
and imagine myself rooted in the ground,
growing with the corn stalks,
sun on my face.

When I was in college,
I would stop in sunlit windows
and close my eyes facing the sun.
I'd say to anyone who cared to listen,
"I'm photosynthesizing."

When I was camping
with my husband and daughter
I stood on the beach
with my face in the wind
and opened my arms to the sky
like a tree.

Cornfields
and sunlight
and the wind in my face
have steadied me,
tied me to the earth,
as my life has grown around me,
a crazy wild garden.

3 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous images of growth, peace and inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, friend.

    I'm "photosynthesizing" ;)

    ReplyDelete

It's always good to hear from you!