Monday, May 04, 2009

A quote from The Shack

Yes, folks, I'm finally, FINALLY reading The Shack (by William P. Young). My Bible Study group is making me do it. ;) So far, I've stumbled upon one very good quote that I want to make sure I write down. Here it is:

There are times when you choose to believe something that would normally be considered absolutely irrational. It doesn't mean that it is actually irrational, but it surely is not rational. Perhaps there is a suprarationality: reason beyond the normal definition of fact or data-based logic; something that only makes sense if you can see a bigger picture of reality. Maybe that is where faith fits in.


I can say that I am absolutely fascinated by the concept of this book, though I'm not personally in love with the actual writing. So, I'm hooked because I want to know how all the ideas play out. This is going to make for one very interesting book discussion.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to discuss this.

    I hear you, I'm not in love with the writing itself, but the thoughts? Oh yeah, good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

It's always good to hear from you!