Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Definitives

I wanted to come back and clarify a bit from yesterday's post. I want to be really, REALLY clear that what I'm saying is that it's my own life that's lacking in "definitiveness," "conclusiveness," "clearly defined or formulated" anything (definitions from en.wiktionary.org/wiki/definitiveness, www.sfaf.org/custom/glossary.aspx, & wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn).

You see, the minute I think I've got everything figured out, and I've got all my ducks in a row nodding their cute little ducky heads, something else makes a huge splash in my pond and all the ducks are bobbing every which way.

And so I grab on to the only one and true definitive I know, I crawl on that shore while I wait for the waves to settle.

You know what I'm going to say, right? It's God. But it's more than even that. Are you ready?

...God is LOVE...

...not just some huge being in the sky, but active, living LOVE...Love so vast, so attentive, so persistent, and so REAL that Love put on a body and walked among humans in the person of Jesus. Go on over to If Life is a Highway and watch the videos in How Great IS Our God if you want to try to bend your brain around just how significant that is. We're talking about the creator of the galaxy walking around with skin and a body. Extravagant love.

This is the Definitive. I can rest on that shore.

My life? Not so much. But my life within the God who is LOVE? Perhaps...someday...I'll know the answers. ;)

1 comment:

  1. ever after all these years you have the ability to amaze me more & more. thank you for giving me something to think about today...

    love ya.

    ReplyDelete

It's always good to hear from you!