Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Anne

What have I been doing while not posting here you ask?

I'm on my second reading of the Anne of Green Gables books in two years. I used to read them all yearly when I was a kid. There's something so soothing, honest, and, yes, DEEP about these books, and I'm finding all these beautiful little tidbits that I didn't notice when I was younger.

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple, little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string."
~ Anne in Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery

"Perhaps, after all, romance did not come into one's life with pomp and blare, like a gay night riding down; perhaps it crept to one's side like an old friend through quiet ways; perhaps it revealed itself in seeming prose, until some sudden shaft of illumination flung athwart its pages betrayed the rythm and the music; perhaps...perhaps...love unfolded naturally out of a beautiful friendship, as a golden-hearted rose slipping from its green sheath."
~ from Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery

"...and the sky above was crystal clear and blue - a great inverted cup of blessing."
~ from Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery

That's all. I've just been reading Anne.

And next I think I'll be reading The Lord of the Rings again. I read them last year. And the year before.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always good to hear from you!