Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 2 - Bicycle Blog

We biked to the library today...approximately 6 miles round trip. And I've decided I'm not sure how I feel about taking a 7 year old "city biking." We ended up in downtown during rush hour with hurried car drivers and lots of street noise. Mane behaved excellently, but I found it a bit stressful myself. She's too young and small to ride on the street. So, we use the sidewalks. This means the people turning right don't care if we're getting ready to cross the street in front of them. They barely even slow down on their way around the corner. I only had to grab Mane's arm once to keep her from riding in front of an oncoming car, but that was enough. I'm thinking I might be putting some more planning into what routes we use and possibly avoiding downtown entirely by taking the light rail instead.

I was going to write about Martha today, but it's getting late. So, I'll save that for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always good to hear from you!