Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm honored!

Post Mommy surprised me today with a "Versatile Blogger" award! I've never received a blogging award before, and I'm honored! I met Post Mommy through Momalom, and it's been delightful reading her blog (hint: that = go on over and check it out!)!

It appears that I must tell my readers 7 things about myself and then pass the award on to others. So, here are my 7 things (trying hard to come up with things I haven't already said in this blog):

1. In spite of all my talk about organic foods, natural products, attachment parenting, and the like, I cannot grow a garden worth beans.

 2. I wore a bikini for the first time last summer.

3. I've been to 5 other countries outside the U.S.A.: Canada, Mexico, England, Scotland, and Belize - in that order.


4. I've known my best friend since we were 7 years old. (Go see her over at Driving With the Windows Wide Open!) We used to pledge our friendship over a stream in the woods behind her house, and we played with paper dolls that I still have in an album on my bookshelf.

5. I have a daughter and son-in-law from Mexico, and I still don't speak Spanish worth beans.

6. I don't really know how much beans are worth.

7. I resisted blogging for a long time, and I still sometimes wonder why I'm typing everything on the internet for the whole world to read. 

I hereby bestow the Versatile Blogger award upon...

Driving With the Windows Wide Open because she truly is a Versatile Blogger, moving in and out of newsy items, stories, links and videos, and a timeline of Tolkien's life!(Just click on the award to make it load in a new window & copy the link to post it in your blog!)

Lauren at Something Glorious because I know she reads my blog, and I really, really want to see her post something in hers! You've got to read this woman's writing! It's fabulous!

and

Ash at Simple Gifts, also because this woman is totally Versatile!! He blog has some serious and spot-on thoughts on parenting, fabulous photos, prose that'll make you laugh and cry, and a garden enough to make you hungry!

I would nominate Char at Well Blue, Productions, but I'm afraid she's busy with newborn twins right about now. Love you, Char!!

Peace!

~ MidnightCafe

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!

    I can't grow a garden, either. I think I have a brown thumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thanks! Looks like I need to start updating my blog more frequently -- but that is on my list of things to do this summer... I'm glad you think I'm versatile -- sometimes I think I just lack focus :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much friend! And we are busy with the girls!!! Will post soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how sweet are you?! and how *pathetic* is it that i am just. now. seeing this?! i did mention a bit of topsy-turvy in my life as of late ;) thanks for the honor...i'll be posting tomorrow or sunday with my selections :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Lauren, I totally understand! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

It's always good to hear from you!